About This MontBlanc Pen: Gaius Maecenas — the first patron of the arts and culture. Gaius Cilnius Maecenas was born around 70 BC in what is today known as Arezzo in Tuscany. Well educated and of aristocratic birth, Maecenas enjoyed immense wealth throughout his life and achieved political influence as a friend and advisor of the Roman Emperor Augustus. To mark the 20th anniversary of the Montblanc Patron of Art Edition, Montblanc is honouring Gaius Cilnius Maecenas – whose name has become an eponym for “patron of the arts” – with a limited edition luxury fountain pen. The design of both Editions is inspired by the columns of Roman temples. The barrel of Edition 4810 is finished in marbled lacquer, while the barrel of Edition 888 is made of the finest marble in homage to the material that has come to symbolise the Roman Empire.
MontBlanc Gaius Maecenas Limited Edition M28797 (106438) Fountain Pen
- Series: Limited Edition
- Model Number: M28797
- Warranty: 2 Years International
- Pen Name: Patron of the Arts - Gaius Maecenas
- Writing System: Fountain Pen
- Nib: Rhodium-Plated 18k Gold
- Barrel: Marbled Lacquer
- Trim: 925 Sterling Silver
- Clip: 925 Sterling Silver
- Special Features: Maecenas's Portrait on the Bottom of the Cone, 4,810 Pieces Worldwide
Gideon’s Jewelry –
Beautiful Pen; I get a lot of compliments.